|Karen has written many travel articles featuring:
* The meaning of the mysterious locks of China’s Yellow Mountain
* The dragon boat races of China and Taiwan
* Sharing your travels with your friends/throwing a post travel party.
Many of her articles involve food customs of other lands.
* The story of Chu Yan and the pork and rice bundles eaten in his honor
* A dish from every province/post China trip party
* The Slow Food movement
Karen has written food articles and recipes for:
Alternative Medicine Magazine
Food article and recipes October 2005 issue:
"Start Your Day Warm and Healthy"
Karen is an amateur food historian, in-home cooking instructor, and former weight loss counselor. She has written a literary cookbook entitled: COOKING IN LEAVES